Where has this week gone? Oh yeah, the weekend of the birthday party is upon me.Â Tactics to prepare for the onslaught of 22 two-year-olds and eight out-of-town family members include:
- The obligatory pre-birthday haircut. Kiddie salon inadequate for birthday hair styling.
Only a $25 haircut by mommy’s stylist will do for the birthday boy.
- The delivery of several mysterious pre-birthday packages from spoiling grandparents.
- The creation of hokey goodie bags. Parents of children attending the soiree: do not throw out valuable contents of bag for at least 48 hours to ensure you’ve experienced the beauty of Oriental Trading Company.
Even Do Do Dora thinks the goodie bags are low budget.
- The necessary running around for beverages, Goldfish, and random party accoutrement.
Because every child cannot live without a Hefty Zoo cup with lid. Score!
- The opening of VERY LOUD AND ANNOYING new toys in presence of spoiling grandparents.
Yes, it lights up and moves.
- The questioning of my sanity in creating this madnessÂ for a two-year-old.
Can somebody remind me about this post next year?