Don’t whine to me about all the snow you’ve had. I haven’t seen the sun in months weeks either, but yet, I’m dreaming of spring and coveting all the colors and fun I’m going to have once the gray leaves the sky and I scrape the salt off my suede boots before storing them for next year.
Yes, spring is far away, but the trends are not. And I’m bored and lonely on a Saturday night while my husband is working. So, I turn to the internet for help and love. And yes, shopping.
Here’s what I’m thinking of getting now so I can wear it the day the mercury reaches 55 degrees. Because don’t you know? That’s spring in Chicago.
1. A skinny belt. Because it matches those wrap and beaded bracelets that we’re all wearing on our wrists. I want one with a little more color, but was coveting this guy from Krista K Boutique yesterday:
B-Low the Belt, $110
2. Trouser jeans. I’ve mentioned these before, but I got them on sale from the Gap and they are yummy. I’m over being “over” them:
The Gap Pin Tucked Jeans. Get them on sale.
3. Espadrille wedges. I’ve been in a lot of random conversations lately about being tall (I’m about 5′ 8″) and what to wear with the aforementioned trouser jeans. Since I’m tall, and the jeans are meant to be worn with a long inseam, I need to wear heels. I am finding that wedges, especially the casual espadrille one, are the mom-doing-errands answer to stilettos:
At the mom-doing-errands price on endless.com – $60.47.
4. A long charm beaded necklace. I have recently ditched my beloved Helen Ficalora baby charms that I’ve worn religiously for the last four-and-a-half years. They’re beautiful, but they’re everywhere now and, well, it’s time to move on. Onto a statement piece. Charming, right?:
This one from Anthropologie is stunning and affordable – $58
5. A cropped sweater. I cannot believe I gave away all my “short” sweaters after the birth of my eldest. I thought I had just gotten fat, but really it was that the pant waists got lower. And now that they’re higher again, we can all hide our muffin tops. But what top to wear with the cropped top? All my long jersey tops meant to cover my skinny-jean ass are too long. Enter this cropped sweater of my dreams:
Patterson Kincaid Melinda Striped Cropped Sweater, Shopbop.com, $158
What are you shopping or browsing for this spring?